Friday, December 20, 2013

Detention Self-Evaluation

1. I believe that overall our team worked pretty well together. I think our biggest challenge was our lack of communication. I feel that we could have been a bit more organized throughout the project. The first weekend of the project we did not really research or collect much data, which put us at a disadvantage from the start. I think if we started out more organized then we could have had a better presentation.

2. I think the weakest part of our design process was analyzing our evidence and bending it to support our argument. Although we were able to find diverse and varying data, we struggled to compile a list of our key findings. I think the strongest part of our design process was our collection of data. We were able to ask people who had many detentions, people who hadn't, teachers and faculty, etc...

3. I think our solution was pretty good compared to others. We were the only group to take an approach of adding to the current detention policy rather than remove from it. Several groups wished to lighten the punishments or remove the rules entirely; whereas, we wanted to make the rules as strict as possible so that students would not want to get detention. I believe that all the groups were fairly similar in terms of completeness of proposal and clear connection to problem, but I feel that our group differed in thoroughness and creativity. I think that our group was weaker in these categories because we did not have answers to some of the things Imperial proposed and we didn't take a very different approach and simply added things to the current policy rather than change things completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment