Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spaghetti Tower Self-Evaluation

I feel that we all contributed evenly in terms of ideas for use of materials and structures. I offered the "Eiffel Tower" idea and supported the triangle base, rather than the square base.

I don't think that our group had a specific leader or anyone who stood by and watched. We all distributed the work evenly by each constructing cube for our tower.

I just googled "marshmallow challenge" and looked at images for some ideas for our structure.

Lessons that can be taken from this project include teamwork / cooperation, perseverance, and hand-eye coordination.

I think after breaking multiple spaghetti noodles and seeing our structure fall I was a bit demoralized and cared less. It may mean that I give up a bit easily and need to learn how to be like Rodney Mullen and see failure as opportunity.

Maybe offer more ideas and be more vocal with my opinions on certain ideas.

I honestly came in with an attitude of  not caring much. I see education simply as the pre-requisite for college, and college as the pre-requisite for a "happy" life.

No comments:

Post a Comment